Monday, June 29, 2015

But Financially Speaking... How Will We Do It?

     When I first pitched this crazy idea to Daniel, he literally laughed at me.  He said, "Sure. It sounds great, but how would we live?"  I must admit I had no clue.  I did some research and started following a fabulous support group on Facebook called Fulltime Families.  I noticed they all found different ways to earn an income on the road.
Some examples:
Software Developers
Virtual Assistants
Salespersons
Data Entry
Traveling Nurse
Bloggers
Consulting

      Each family has a different niche to their occupation.  There really isn't a universal answer to how we would support ourselves financially.

I kept thinking, "We can do this.  I don't know how, but we can."
I asked Daniel to ponder the idea and research and pray.
He came to me and said, "Okay, let's do this."
I thought he was teasing me, but really he was ready to move forward.
I asked why he changed his mind.  He responded with, "I just feel it's the right thing to do."
I asked if he had come up with a plan on how to earn money. He said, "Not really, but I agree it's the right thing to do."
And that was that.
   
     We both feel this is the right path for us, so we are confident that if we work hard to make it happen, the Lord will provide a way.
     When I look at my children, I feel an overwhelming feeling of love, commitment, dedication, devotion, and determination.  I'm determined to provide the best I can for them.  I want to prepare them to be self sufficient and to not be afraid of the world.  I want them to look outside of their comfort zone and to have courage enough to pursue their goals and dreams with confidence.  I believe this adventure will provide that foundation for them.
     When I pray about this plan, I feel comfort.  I feel peace.  This peaceful feeling is partly because my husband is an amazing provider and protector.  I put all my trust and loyalty in his hands, because I love him and I have faith in his abilities.

* Right now Daniel does air quality source testing and CEMS maintenance.  He often flies to various destinations throughout the US for certain projects.  Ideally we would like for him to keep working for his current company and just pick up additional clients while we are on the road.  If it doesn't work out, he can start his own business doing something else.  He is skilled in many areas, my guy. <3
   
     So how will we do it financially?  Honestly, we are not 100% sure.  It will be a huge leap of faith, but...

THIS IS OUR PLAN:
 1) Work hard to save up to buy our trailer.
 2) Move into the trailer and stay local for at least a few months to build up a savings and adjust to the lifestyle.
 3) During those first few months, figure out a way to keep up a stable income while on the road.
 4) Hit the road and hope our plan works.

     I know this sounds too vague and simple.  But these types of decisions are simple.  Know what you want and go for it.  Work hard to make it happen and have faith things will work out the way they are supposed to.  We are taking this one step at a time.  We know what we want to do and regardless of whether or not the plan works out or if it fails, we will have no regrets in pursuing it.


  •  As a follower/reader of our blog, you will get to see how our plans unfold.  Do you think we can do it?  Do you think we are crazy? Haha.  We will try to keep you posted.  Share the journey with us and leave us your advice and well wishes.  We would appreciate the support!